Today is the first day of National Gardening Week!
If you are keen gardener, you will know that despite the joy of seeing your garden in bloom, it does come with its' pitfalls to our hands, feet, neck, back and shoulders!
So for that reason I thought I would write a short post on both treatments and organic products that can assist!
In terms of treatments I offer
- Manicures, Pedicures, Foot Soak and Leg Massage, Indian Head Massage, Swedish or Aromatherapy Massage.
For natural, organic products you can use at home, my top picks for gardeners are:
Wild Rose SPF 30 Moisturiser - an organic, mineral based SPF that can be used on both the face and the body.
Citronella Formula - an insect repellent spray made with natural essential oils.
Stellaria, Calendula or Lavender and Aloe Creams - all of which can be used for insect bites, rashes or itchy skin which can occur when gardening.
Aromatic Foaming Bath or Seaweed and Arnica Bath Foams - natural aromatherapy bath foams which are perfect to soak away aches and pains
Aside from both the treatments and products, it is wise to
- Garden for short periods of time
- Have a nice bath if you are prone to aches and pains
- Avoid gardening between 12 and 3pm in hot, sunny weather
- Wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses in hot weather
- Wear gardening gloves.
- Reapply your SPF cream every 90 mins to 2 hrs.
Lastly, if you suffer from allergies, I have written another post here where I share the best treatments and products which can assist.
Enjoy your garden and if you would like to know more about this years National Gardening Week, please click here.
Until next time