Weight Loss Coaching
- In person or via Skype
Member of the International Association of Neuro Linguistic Programming and Coaching
1 to 1 Coaching Sessions - available in person or via Skype.
- Have you tried all kinds of diet and/or exercise plans yet struggled to achieve and/or maintain your weight goals?
- Do you need 1 to 1 assistance and time out to create your own personalised Weight Management Plan with the freedom to choose foods and exercise which you enjoy and suit your lifestyle
- Initial Assessment: Free of Charge - this is your first step to deciding what changes you would like to take place in your weight, body shape, activity levels. Please download this form and email it to me for feedback before your 1st session. We also encourage you to give us a call (or vice versa) so that we can discuss this further and assess whether Weight Managment Coaching is suitable for your needs at this point in time and whether we feel we could work together to achieve your goals.
The aim of Weight Management Coaching is to help you:
- Set specific, measurable, achiveable, realistic goals for you to achieve within a given timeframe e.g lose weight, gain weight, reduce body fat, gain more strength, tone up, gain more flexibility or stamina etc
- Create your own action plan, which is relevant to you and your lifestyle - with meals and exercise programs which are appropriate and which could become a sustainable lifestyle not a drastic quick fix.
- Track your progress as you take steps towards achieving your goals
- Hold you accountable, which will keep you motivated and on track
- Receive support along the way
For those who are new to coaching
Coaching is based on the belief that somewhere in all us we have the answers to our own problems and just need the time, listening ear and unconditional support of another person to enable us to access these answers. During a session your Coach will ask and explore questions with you with the aim of assisting you to find your own direction, goals, action plans and solutions, which is a self empowering process. You will not be told what to do and so any choices you make about setting goals, making changes or taking action will be your decision that will suit you, your personal preferences, routine and lifestyle. You will also will be actively encouraged to seek further information, develop new skills etc to achieve your action plan and develop yourself.
Your Coach will however make suggestions if she feels that some information, ideas etc which you have not thought about or don't know about maybe of use to you. We can also provide additional support in coaching follow on sessions for specific challenges which people maybe facing which may require different approaches sucah as visualisation techniques and also by ways of information and practical worksheets.
During your initial session, we will
- take your current weight and calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index), your daily baseline calorie needs (Basic Metabolic Rate), your current Physical Activity Level (PAL) to ascertain how many calories your body needs on a daily basis depending on your goal: weight loss or weight gain.
- explore and set your current goals (weight and body shape, nutrition, exercise and other weight related goals) with an approxiamate timescale for achieving these goals and make sure that they are realistic and attainable . We will also help you to clarify why you may have been unable to achieve your goals in the past. This is important and will help you to avoid repeating past mistakes, which only lead to feelings of frustration and failure.
- help you to clarify what types of nutrient rich food you enjoy eating. We will also explore how you may need to adjust your diet and cooking methods to make your meals more nutritious and balanced. We will then use this information to help you create your own personalised meal plans. We will also address any barriers you may have e.g lack of time, disorganisation to prepare and cook meals so that we can help you stick to your plan or any self limiting beliefs such as "I can't", "I always fail", "It's too hard" etc which maybe holding you back.
- help you to decide whether you want to exercise more and if so, what type(s) of exercise you enjoy doing and form a plan which will fit into your routine and lifestyle and which you know you can committ to.
- help you to clarify any additional resources you may require e.g healthy eating recipes, workout DVD's, join a gym, find an exercise buddy etc
- provide you with tools to track your calorie intake and exercise levels
- help you decide how you will measure and track your progress and how and how often you will reward yourself
- help you to decide what support you will access, how you will stay accountable and what you can do if you go off track or start to lose your motivation
- provide you with a FREE Nutrition and Exercise Information Guide (PDF) packed full of useful information and tips.
During subsequent sessions, we will
- Review your progress
- Adjust any meal or exercise plans if required
- Set new goals such as maintenance plans once you have achieved your desired weight goals or changing your exercise rotine
- Assess what is working and going well and address and spend time focusing on any specific issues which are causing you to struggle
We are all about "baby steps" to success - For example, if a person has an unhealthy diet and dosn't currently exercise, we will encourage that person to set a series of stepping stone goals to improve their diet and activity levels.
We also strongly advocate sustainable lifestyle changes - so that any new ways of eating, any new exercise plans become a part of your life - not something that you do for a short period of time only to go back to square one a few months further down the line.
Please note: before embarking on any exercise or diet plan we strongly recommend seeking the approval of your Doctor
Investment: Introductory Offer £40 per hour (Regular price is £50 per hr) - clients also have the option for shorter sessions, which are useful for exploring specific challenges which may require shorter coaching sessions. Please note your initial session may take up to 2 hrs - this can be completed in one x 2hrs or two x 1hr sessions.
10% Discount on other Services: We are also able to offer additional In House Services and Products such as Therapeutic Massages, Relexology, Reiki, Customised Bach Flower Remedies, Customised Aromatherapy Oils, Facials, Manicures, Pedicures etc. We will also signpost you to other external services and products which you may choose to access to help you achieve your goals.
ABOUT your COACH - Zoe Penny
Since 1994 I have worked as a Therapist and orginally trained in Reiki, Aromatherapy and Reflexology. I then gained further Holistic and Beauty Therapy qualifications, become a Trainer, have Coaching, Nutrition, Weight Loss Nutrition, Stress Management and Group Work qualifications. I have worked with many clients in a 1 to 1 and group situations, have set up, fundraised and managed grant funded holistic therapy projects in a mental wellbeing centre, a community centre offering services to women on low incomes and an Elderley Persons activity centre.
I am friendly, down to earth and non judgmental in my work with people and will always encourage you to find your own solutions to the challenges you face. I am passionate about assisting and encouraging people to make healthier lifestyle choices which are realistic and sustainable. I also have a very broad life and work experience, have faced and am continuing to take positive actions to overcome my own health challenges and therefore have a lot of compassion and understanding for people dealing with whatever issues they are currently facing.