Whilst the Holidays and Christmas are tradtionally a time of celebration, of reunions and coming together with loved ones, it can also be a challenging time of year for many reasons so we must continue to pratice good self-care.
Some of the common challenges that many people face during the Holidays and Christmas season are:
- Digestive upsets due to eating too much, very rich rich foods and sometimes even emotional upset can affect the digestive system
- Stress due to organising, overspending, feeling duty bound or torn as to whether to attend festive parties etc
- Emotionally sad and unsettled particularly if your family situation is not ideal or you are missing a loved one who has passed on
So this time of the year is just as important to focus on our self-care as any other.
One quick and easy way to help ease those common seasonal imbalances is with a little aromatherapy self care.
Here are my top 3 Essential oils for the Holidays and Christmas period, they are all traditional seasonal scents as well!
Simple ways to use these Essential Oils
- Add 6 drops to an Aromatherapy diffuser or oil burner
Make your own Aromatherapy Bath and Body Products
- With the exception of Cinnamon leaf, add 40 drops of essential oil to 100ml of unscented bubble bath, unscented lotion or carrier oil like sunflower oil and apply to the affected area. For the elderly, immbobile or pregnant or lactating ladies, halve the amount to 20 drops.
- If you would like to use Cinnamon leaf, add just 12 drops to 100ml of unscented bubble bath, unscented lotion or carrier oil. For the elderly, immobile or pregnant or lactating ladies, halve the amount to 6 drops. This is because Cinnamon leaf essential oil can be a skin irritant.
If you love essential oils and aromatherapy and are intersted in learning more, feel free to browse my self-care books and online courses here. If you would like to get a copy of my FREE Self-Care Guide please sign up here
Until next time